Harlow Stroke Support Group has been working from The Great Parndon Community Association since 2014. We Hope that this information is of some help to you.
We offer non-medical support, information and advice in a friendly environment to people who have survived a Stroke, their family and carers. We currently have about 200 members and 13 volunteers.
Our services include:
- Information on Strokes and how they affect people
- Help in understanding the disabilities that may arise after a Stroke
- Help with referrals to healthcare professionals
- Assistance with applications for pension credits or other benefits
- Guidance in form filling and dealing with outside organisations
- Support for families and carers
- Regular social events and outings
Harlow Stroke Support Group was formed in 1996 as a telephone support line, but since then we have grown and we are now offering vital services to stroke survivors and their families thorough sessions held at The Great Parndon Community Association in Abercrombie Way, Harlow, CM18 6YJ.
We offer four groups for members and their families. On
- Wednesday we run a chair based exercise class from 2pm to 4pm
- Thursdays are sessions for people with communications, including speech difficulties from 10am to Midday
- Fridays are social groups for all members held between 10am and 12:30pm and 1pm to 3pm everyone is welcome.